Saturday, May 21, 2011

Great Announcement! and Prom Preparations

Guess who has a job! This lil' lady right here! :D
While my search for a job seems like it has dragged on and on, I discovered something very important in life...
God is THERE FOR YOU!!
I have a crazy story, and I love to tell it-- The past 5 months, I have been so worried about getting into work and school (ACT Testing, Finals, and even Prom!..) that my connection with God had been withering! The saddest factor is, I was unaware of this departure. I still went to church and don't get me wrong, I wasn't all the way out of it, but I'm pretty sure I was "going through the motions."
I started to read the book Radical by David Platt, and it was then.. that easy, from just the first page.. that I noticed how much this book was opening my eyes..again. More then ever, right now I want my relationship with God to be as strong as can be! And He wants me too, He is jealous for me! So, Wednesday night at SWAT I realized I haven't even asked God to help me with my search for a job! I had been ignoring all of the help that He could have given me. So, that Wednesday night, I prayed- I prayed for help with a job, but also that my connection with him will become stronger then it ever has and that I never again forget who has the most power and that I can always ask for me. I had an interview at Papa John's the next day.
Call me crazy, but WOW! Is our God amazing, or what?!

Prom is tonight, the stress is going to become overwhelming since my mom and I have had a rough week. I have no nails, make-up and quite frankly, my eyebrows are out of control! tehe:) But I trust everything will get done, and since there is no doubt that my momma loves me, she will help me through all of it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment