Thursday, June 16, 2011

Colors of the Wind

Anyone who knows me should know I love to sing, but that I am terrified of singing alone in front of people. "Premiere Chorus" is going to be offered next year and it is a step above Advanced Chorus. I have been in Advanced Chorus for 3 years now, and I am excited to say I auditioned for "Premiere Chorus"! BUT, it was not at all easy for me.
I wanted to quickly pick out a song because I wanted to start practicing right away! I chose Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas. I practiced and practiced, but I knew when the time came I would be lucky for any words to come out of my mouth! My best friend came over and sang her song in front of me- she sounded GREAT and was also nervous- but I avoided singing in front of her. She is my best friend! If I could sing in front of anyone it would, or SHOULD be her!
Well I don't know how I did it but I did! I did admit to our teacher I was nervous... but I guess I knew if I wanted a chance to be in what could be my favorite class next year, I had to give it a go.
Hopefully I did well enough to make the class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment