Friday, June 24, 2011

Frog Catching! ;)

Most refer to this "sport" as "Frog Giggin'"
I never really concidered myself a "city" or "country" girl. I like to think of myself as in the middle! Well I made a new friend at work this past week. We really clicked. So he invited me to go Frog Giggin with him one night. I was hesitant to accept the invitation, but in the end, I decided I would go. We left after we both were let off work. He lives in New Haven and his lakes we were going to were up a back road. First we had to unlock a gate, then another gate...and then ANOTHER gate! I finally had to ask, "Where are you taking me?!" He giggled and said, "Somewhere where they won't hear you scream..." Jokingly of course!
We all piled onto his boat and we started our adventure.
They finally caught a glimpse at the first frog! I had no idea what to expect, but as soon as I can blink his cousin stabs the frog!! I uncontrollably scream and then start to laugh. They all laughed at/with me :)
The second and third frog we "gigged" I did not scream. My friend threw his "spear" at one frog, but he missed. He was just trying to be funny, I hope :)
After we made our way around the lake 3 times it was time to skin the frogs.... I'm not sure how to explain this action, but I did not take it very well.. It was quite devastating. The poor frogs were still alive while the guys were cutting their legs off!
I wish I had pictures, but overall I had a very good night, and I think it is safe to say.. I have a little more city in me than country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment