Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Show Choir- Engagement

I think I have named this blog unfairly for two reasons. It gives away the surprise, and it is NOT my engagement! I have to finish high school first!

For our 1st period Advanced Chorus class, our final was a rather interesting concert. Each voice part (soprano, alto, and bass with tenors) chose a song and made up a unique choreographed dance to the chosen song. Boy was this a LONG, frustrating process. From having to put up with freshman "know-it-all's" to singing the high to low ratios in the soprano's song, Fireworks by Katy Perry. I love the song and it is very inspirational, but I no longer want to sing and dance to the song anymore! It was not one of my favorite performance moments. Regardless, the concert overall was successful. (I give the best performance award to freshman Jalen Stone who danced to Michael Jackson, he was outstanding!!)


The time came when each grade 6th-8th, and each high school class finished preforming their dance and/or song. After everything was said and done our chorus teacher then thanked everyone for their support and for coming. He then made a special shout out to his girlfriend for all of her support and care. He asked his girlfriend to come down to the front of the auditorium and then...well I'm thinking you can guess what happened. Right there in front of "millions" of people, our chorus teacher proposed! He always "flirts" with his student's family members-jokingly of course. So it is really great to see him be engaged to someone who seems to mean a lot to him! I wish them the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment